Guests staying with us over the New Year period are invited to join in the fun of our Family Fishing Competition! To encourage sustainable fishing practices, this year’s “biggest” and “average” prizes will be based on length rather than weight.The fishing starts Saturday 29 December and runs for 4 days, with the presentation celebration starting at 4pm on Wednesday 2 January.
The evening includes drinks and nibbles, treats for the kids and loads of prizes including fishing gear, tour vouchers and much more.
Our kind sponsors have donated some fabulous prizes, including:
- Family Expedition Pass Aboard Albatross V
- Pass for 2 adults & 2 children on the Cliffs & Caves tour with Fullers Great Sights
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds family pass
- $100 voucher for The Gables
- $100 voucher for Hones Kitchen
- A "Day in the Bay" yacht trip for two adults from Phantom Yacht Charters
- One Tandem Parasail with Flying Kiwi Parasail
- Longest Snapper (Junior, Intermediate & Adult)
- Longest Other Type of Fish (Junior, Intermediate & Adult)
- Average Length Fish
- Scariest-looking fish
- Most creative picture entry
- Prettiest fish
Entry prices are:
- Adults (16 years & over): $6
- Children (15 years & under): $4
- Family (2 adults and up to 4 children): $18
Terms and Conditions
- Purchase entry tickets from Reception between 11am and 8pm on Friday 28th December 2018.
- To enter your catch, photograph it next to a measure and make sure your competition pass is in the photo (to verify it was caught during the competition dates). You can then release your fish if you don’t plan to eat it!
- You can submit your photo by email, Facebook or Instagram.
- Photos must be submitted by 8pm each night.
- All money collected goes towards prizes.
- All fish must be caught using a rod and reel, or hand line.
- All anglers must be staying in the park to be eligible for prizes.
- All fish caught must comply with MPI Recreational Fishing Rules (mpi.govt.nz/travel-and-recreation/fishing/fishing-rules).