NEW 3 Night Fishing Adventure Package Now Available
The Bay of Islands is heaven for fishermen! The sheltered waters of this world-class fishing destination have healthy fisheries all year round due to its rugged volcanic shore and seabed, the shelter from the large number of islands and the efficient estuary systems.
Call to book on 0800 148 671
To make the most of this excellent fishing experience, take advantage of this Fishing Adventure Package that includes;
- Three night stay in a 2 Bedroom Bayview Villa at Russell TOP 10 Holiday Park
- “Cook your catch” dinner provided at the Swordfish Club*
- A BBQ dinner pack for your group to cook on the free park BBQs
- Two fishing charters, see details below, with Spot X*
- Welcome beer in your fridge upon arrival
Option 1: $399 ppBased on 8 people in 2 x Two Bedroom Bayview Villas, with private charter on Wairere (4 hours) and private charter on Screaming Reels (7 hours) - This is over $500pp worth of value for only $399! We organise everything for you and you save over $100pp! (That’s over $800 per group!)
Option 2: $449 ppBased on 4 people in 1 x Two Bedroom Bayview Villa, with shared charter on Wairere (4 hours) and shared charter on Wairere (6 hours) - This is over $550pp worth of value for only $449! We organise everything for you and you save over $100pp! (That’s over $400 per group!)
The Fishing Charter
The Swordfish Club
Russell TOP 10 Holiday Park
*This prize includes 2 private fishing charters with SpotX Fishing Charters.
- The 8 person fishing package is a 4 hour private charter, targeting Snapper, on the Wairere and a 7 hour private charter, targeting Kingfish, on the Screaming Reels.
- The 4 person fishing package is one 4 hour and one 6 hour shared charter on the Waiere.
Wairere is a 28 ft efficient Bay fishing machine for Kingfish and Snapper fishing.
Screaming Reels is a 40 ft sport fishing boat providing game charters as well as Kingfish and Cruising charters. Includes a fly bridge, cabin and a great fishing cockpit with latest gear.
SpotX provide unique fishing adventures with a huge variety of high-tech equipment and fishing gear to optimize your experience!
You will also receive:
- A personal and professional fishing guide during both trips.
- Enthusiastic skippers who love sharing fantastic fishing experiences.
- All fish caught will be filleted ready for you to bring home or to a restaurant.
- Tea, coffee and hot chocolate is supplied on board.
- Bring your cold drink and snack or order their lunch package.
- Toilet facilities on both boats.
- All fishing tackle and bait is supplied on board. Light tackle, slow jigs, speed jigs, bait, soft bait and live bait. Tackle losses must be compensated.
*This package includes a “cook your catch” dinner for your entire group, on a night of your choice (closed Sunday & Monday), at the Swordfish Club.
The Bay of Islands Swordfish Club is the oldest game fishing club in New Zealand with a history dating back to 1910.
“Cook your Catch” dinner means you can bring in your freshly caught, gutted and filleted fish that you have caught on either of the fishing charters and the chef will create a delicious dinner for you all! Depending on the size of the fish, they will base standard sized meals around the fillets provided. Any additional fish can be taken back with you.
Don’t worry, if you don’t catch anything (this is a very rare occurrence!) you will still be given a dinner. A special menu will be provided to you on the night to choose one of the meals that’s part of the package.
The club has an outstanding view over the bay and is famous for its rich history of game fishing in the Bay of Islands that can be traced on the walls of the club. Exhibits of historic fishing photographs, tackle and memorabilia provides an interesting viewing for both anglers and anyone interested in local history – from the original catch boards from the 1920s where the name of Zane Grey can be found to the most recent “Grander” (1000lb plus). They have a full bar, restaurant and function facilities.
The only holiday park located in the Russell Township, gateway to the Bay of Islands, Russell TOP 10 Holiday Park offers a fantastic range of accommodation within easy walking distance to great restaurants, heritage buildings, walks, beaches and cruise departures. It's the perfect location for a relaxed holiday.
Our family-friendly holiday park is situated in central Russell, New Zealand's first capital and European settlement, and the perfect base to explore the Bay of Islands. Here in Russell, you’ll discover our fascinating history at every turn through our significant heritage buildings and historical sites. The beautiful Bay of Islands and Russell is a slice of holiday paradise unequalled in New Zealand. You’ll find a range of scenic beauties and recreational activities, in a warm, welcoming climate.
Our self-contained, free-standing 2 Bedroom Bayview Villas are well-appointed and complete with sweeping ocean views. They have everything you need for a short or long stay and are ideal for group getaways.
Additional facilities & features at the park include:
- Boat washing and fish filleting stations
- Park is walking distance to shore, beach and rock fishing
- BBQs & camp kitchen
- NZ's first SMOKE-FREE holiday park
Call to book on 0800 148 671
* Option 1 includes a private fishing charter with members of your group only (if all 8 people are booking) and Option 2 will be a shared charter with other people.
Package Terms & Conditions: Valid dates from 16th June to 17th October, including school holiday. Subject to availability. Not valid with any other offer or discount. No parts of the package can be altered, transferred or redeemed for cash. If the 2 Bedroom Bayview Villas are not available for the time you wish to book, alternative accommodation to fit your group may be offered. The Swordfish Club is closed on a Sunday and Monday.